Sunday, September 11, 2005

Socks to go

A long break in the UK with no inclination to blog, but time to knit, resulted in finishing my Sockpal's socks.

The photo isn't great, but I wanted to show location as well.
I had a few problems with finishing the first, mainly because I did not bring my tape measure on the plane to London, and had to guess where to start shaping the toe. This turned out to be wrong, and some rework was required.
The second was nice and quick, and the pair was completed in my parents' house in Edinburgh. They then travelled south to Staffordshire, and then Berkshire before getting the plane back to San Francisco. Back in Santa Cruz, they are taking a well earned rest before being parcelled up and sent on their way to their final home.... Well travelled socks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

They are well travelled aren't they. I hope your pal appreciates the fact they've been to so many places. Maybe you should send her a little map to show where they've been too! ;)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Jen said...

Your socks are indeed well-travelled, too! I love the color. And your laptop case looks great--I love stripes!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

I would love some socks that tell me travel adventures. They are very pretty, the socks, and what an amazing colour! You mention somewhere it is Lorna's Laces yarn, but which colourway?
Btw: You seem to have a very good taste in colours (mine?), I like your laptop case as well. ;-)

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Sara said...

Beautiful socks! Purple and orange is one of my favorite color combinations.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous katie said...

Lovely colors. That's the fun of this summer sock exchange, isn't it? Many of the socks have been on adventures!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Ruby Banshee said...

Redundant, but the colors are wonderful. Lucky sock pal.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home