Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Phew, that was close!

I was getting quite annoyed by the fact that the Isis Wrap was still there waiting to be knitted and finished; it feels as if I have been knitting her for ever. Looking back, I started her in July, but as she is lace and has sleeve shaping built in and because I must be quite stupid, I have had to rip the front sleeves back at least three times between them due to various mistakes being made along the way. Also I chose to make her with a totally different gauge of yarn, so the pattern needed some big time Maths to make it work.

So imagine my dismay when finally performing a three needle bind off this evening I dropped a couple of stitiches. These were complicated ssk & yo combination stitiches, and it looked as if the Isis Wrap was actually disintegrating into the Isis Rag before my eyes. Arrgghhh! I tried to be patient and work out what was wrong, but the more I tried the more confused I became. This wasn't helped by the fact that I had background music of my darling MrKN practising/learning mandolin (the same tune over and over).... After a few (badly placed) words the result was MrKN in a huff in front of the computer, but at least I had 5 minutes quiet to work out what on earth I had done....

I am not sure that I recovered everything alright, but by this stage I just want the damn thing finished. And I am almost finished; two seams and a ribbed neck to do, a few ends to weave....



I meant to put in my Broadripple Sockpal socks from KittyKitty, but I am too tired.... Maybe tomorrow???

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it finished. (I can't wait to see mine finished, but it's going to have to wait.)

7:37 AM  
Blogger Kitty Kitty said...

You know that is my worse nightmare to bind off and have all the stitche disintegrate. I can not wait to see it on you.

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home