Thursday, September 15, 2005

New projects

I have been swatching for two of my next projects. Both of them are with Rowan yarn bought while in Edinburgh.

This is for the Greek Pullover from IK. which has been on my side-bar all summer. I was waiting for our trip home to get the supplies. Most of the things that I have knitted recently have involved gauge changes for different yarn, so I chose to buy the yarn called for in the pattern - Kid Classic, and even chose the same colour as the example in the magazine! I like it so far. But for whatever reason my gauge is way off 20sts & 26 rows instead of 17st & 23 rows on size 8 needles. I don't want the sweater to be knit any thinner, so I will still have to do some maths!

And this is for Mr KN It is from the RYC Classic Winter book and the yarn is Soft Tweed. I'm not sure of my feelings on bulky knitting; I will reserve judgement until later. For this one I got stitch gauge, but the row gauge is also 3 rows to many per 4". The pattern is a fair-isle zip-up cardigan/jacket, but I am considering altering the neckline and the collar, maybe to a half-zip sweater, or maybe no-zip at all. I just hope that it isn't too warm to wear here!

So, those are the reasons I want to finish my Isis wrap...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home