Sunday, September 25, 2005

Isis is finally complete!

Whoo Hooo I've done it, and I have actually knitted something that is the correct size, feels very comfortable and that I will really wear (in fact I am wearing it as I speak).
As I am a novice in the knitting blog "take a picture of yourself" department here are the various shots that I took before I asked Boo to take picture of me this afternoon.

You can't really see in these thumbnails that I was hiding all the yarn ends that still needed to be woven in!
These are the much better shots by five year old Boo with all ends woven in!

Project details:
Pattern: Isis Wrap from IK Summer '05
Yarn: Knitpicks' Shine & Shine Twist in Grass Updated later (approx 5 balls)*
Needles: US #3 3.25mm
Notes: Pattern gauge: 17sts & 24 rows, my gauge: 21sts & 32 rows. Adjustments to the number of stitches cast on and the sleeve and front shaping.
Three needle bind-off used for the shoulder and top sleeve seam. Virtually invisible (!) side-by-side seaming used for the under arm seam!
Next time need to make sure that the lace pattern repeats will join up at the seams!

Did I say that I love this short cardigan, also known in this house as the Green Thing. It feels just the right weight/warmth for the foggy Santa Cruz days that we are having.
This weekend we went camping at the beach with some friends about 20 minutes from home! It was cold at night with really heavy dew, making mornings not much fun. I wish the kids could sleep in a bit, but usually they are just too excited to stay in bed!
We had a great beach day on Saturday and it actually wasn't foggy at all first thing. The new project was knitted on a bit, but I couldn't work out whether sand really added much to the texture of Rowan Kid Classic! I wonder how Janine manages, as she says that she knits on the beach quite often. Mr KN and the kids had a fantastic time in the water, but for some reason I only got a picture of him on his own

And to round off a lovely day there was a fabulous sunset


*This is very approximate because I don't really know how many balls I started out with! How embarrassingly flaky is that?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The wrap came out lovely! I'll have to check that pattern out again. I have that issue of IK sitting around somewhere...

-Sarah G.
http://www.msu.edu/~goupellm/Personal/Sarah/And%20She%20Knits.htm

7:00 AM  
Blogger honeybee33 said...

Great wrap! How many balls of the Shine did you end up using?

~ honeybee33 ~

11:05 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

That wrap is lovely! I just love the green! Looks great on you too ;)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

The wrap looks beautiful. Perfect fit too! I couldn't tell where you used the Shine Twist from the picture. Is it really that subtle of a difference?

9:49 AM  
Blogger kristen said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! the pink and green together. The green by itself is a truely lovely shade of green but together- UH! so pretty.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

Uh.. this looks fabulous! Not only the pretty wrap/cardigan but also how it suits you. I was just thinking about getting some knitpicks shine. Seems to be a good omen if you can turn it in something so beautiful. Must feel like a very rewarding knit, isn't it? And nice pictures, I am a sucker for kitschy sunsets ;-)

1:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home