Saturday, July 09, 2005

This week I 'ave mostly been

going around and around and around....

After the distraction of the last two days' blogs here is a knitting one!

My French Market Bag is going well, but my original hope that it would be a quick project that would be completed last weekend was very off! There is a lot of knitting to 8 circular inches of 200 stitches each!

This is the latest picture:


It has changed colour, but that won't last long as I have only one ball of that yarn, which is a shame as I prefer that colour to the stronger lilac waiting in the wings.

The Go with the Flow Socks are soaring now! Circular needle sock knitting is good. I am a convert (although I did lose 10 stitches off my Addis just now through over exuberant switching of needles!)

I have done my 20 repeats of the lace-y leg and am just about to get on to the heel. That's tomorrow (or actually, looking at the time, today). Although what I really have to do is organise our stuff for Moose's cub scout camp, 15 miles inland from Big Sur. The whole family gets to go! Dib Dib Dib.

Its interesting how the red is going zig-zag in a similar way on both socks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Hey there - I have just found your blog and I just wanted to say welcome to blogland and I totally envy your sock ability - I have no idea what you mean when you talk about two circular needles - but it sounds darn impressive !

11:57 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Yay another Uk Knitter! I love the colour of your socks, what are you using? They look like the sort you'd see being posed by a roaring log fire.

2:15 AM  
Blogger Kira said...

Thanks for the comments!
The two circular needles is such a simple concept once tried; I love it now, and will probably use it for all my socks!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home