Sunday, July 24, 2005

I am a Wharf to Wharf Survivor!

Today I ran the local 6 mile race from the Wharf in Santa Cruz to the Wharf in Capitola. It is a great event with 15,000 runners and walkers, dogs, kids, strollers, bands, beer kegs etc etc. The start is interesting because it takes at least 5 minutes to get to the start line, and probably another few minutes until you can actually start running. I have not been running as much as I should have in the last few months, and so I was a bit nervous about today. Also the fact that yesterday was at least 95F, which for here is unusually hot. Luckily, at about 4pm yesterday the fog started to cool things off, and it was thick and cooling this morning. Add to that, excitement and adrenalin will always help! Overall I think that I did better than in previous years and ran my (just under) 11 minute miles to get to Capitola in 65 minutes. Mr KN brought Boo and Moose to watch at two points along the way which was a great boost. A little bit tired but very satisfied tonight!

No photos, as I didn't want to run with my camera, and I seemed to have no time. I was concentrating on something else for some reason! I may display the official photo of me crossing the finish line later in the week, but last year they didn't seem to get me, which was sad.

In knitting news, the FMB has turned out really well although the fluffy bits look more like a lilac drowned cat after the felting. (Pictures tomorrow??)

I enjoyed the process of felting so much that I am almost half way through knitting a stripy laptop case from the IK Fall 2005 edition (20" of very speedy stocking stitch!). I hope to finish by Friday so that I can felt it and use it to transport my laptop in luxury to the UK next week...

1 Comments:

Blogger Baa Bonny Belle said...

I was thinking about the laptop bag also...will wait to see a pic of yours to get inspiration.

As for my Cozy, it's Jo Sharp Silk Road Tweed, a dark brown tweed that I have enjoyed working with. A knitting buddy I see once a year at retreat used this beautiful yarn for a cabled sweater (a wonderful knitter from Germany) and then proceeded to frog it to the last little inch after wearing it once, seeing a side view of it in a mirror, she said it made her look even "more" chesty. So...I picked it up from her at last years retreat and said I would make something just "smashing" with it, so the Cozy is the end result.

I'll be back to check out the laptop bag....Sherrill

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home