Thursday, July 14, 2005

Hi, I'm back!

Hi, back......

Ooops, sorry, I thought I was still in Cub Scout Camp; the land of SHOUTING, songs, skits, swimming in 58F water and about 100,000,000,000,000 mosquitoes. A lot of fun was had by all, but not much sleep!!

We were at Camp Pico Blanco which is in the bottom of the valley below, right beside the Little Sur River. It is south of Carmel, and turn left.


I did manage to get a bit of knitting done on my Go with the Flow socks, and last night, once we were back, I finished them!

The great acheivement is that the first was my first ever sock, and the second was my first sock on two circulars. With the first I had a problem with the Kitchener stitch and seemed to end up purling instead of knitting (although I am not sure if it comes out well in the photo)

But last night I seemed to work out what went wrong, or maybe its because I found this article with photos on Knitty. I always work better with photos.

So sitting there with my laptop perched on my lap, this is what I got:

and I must say that I am pretty chuffed! What a great sense of achievement to have a pair of socks that fit me, that I actually made!

Project details
Pattern: Interweave Knits Summer 2005
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks in Paint Box
Needles: US #2 bamboo DPNs for first, then #2 Addis Turbos 24" circulars for second
Notes: Learned sock knitting, joining to knit circular-ly, Kitchener Stitch, that the lace pattern would look better with a plainer yarn.

Oh, and some of the links to photos in previous posts are going to be broken. I am trying to tidy up my folders (or actually have more than just one for storing photos). I will have to go through everything though, so I apologise that I might affect your reading pleasure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home