Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Weaving about

I am working hard on seaming Jasmine. The sleeves are sewn on to the shoulders and now I am "weaving" up the sides. For a long time I think that I just guessed how to seam knitted garments. Sometimes I would use back stitch, other times I think that I made up my own side-by-side method. Not any more. I have a book (The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie Wiseman) that has pictures of how to do it properly and it's fantastic that it actually makes a difference. I will post pictures tomorrow of this break-through. I actually had to work hard to find the seam at one point this evening!

After swimming lessons today we went to the Golden Fleece where Boo chose her 7 buttons for Jasmine. So we are all set for a FO in the next few days if my neck can hold out. ( I find seaming requires much more neck strain for me...)

The kids are at Horse camp, run by a couple of the parents from school this week, which involves much more than just horses. Today they were catching salamanders in the pond when I arrived to pick them up. Needless to say they don't want to come home with me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home