Sunday, June 19, 2005

First Knitting photos

It has taken me a few days to get my template looking as I like it. The banner is a photo of fungus taken by a river in March. It looks pretty great when faded a bit in Photoshop. It has nothing to do with knitting of course; I just like the picture!

Anyway. The project that I am working on at the moment as mentioned before is Jasmine from Rowan Junior in Knitpicks Shine & Shine Twist in colour blush. I love Knitpicks yarn because it appeals to the frugal side of me. I have enough cotton yarn from them to knit a cardigan for Boo and a sweater for me; all for under $50 including shipping, how can you go wrong??

The pattern gauge is different, so I have had to edit the stitches and increases somewhat; taking out a calculator and knitting graph paper. Having discovered the graph paper I am finding it much easier to follow for increases and decreases than written instructions. I must be a visual learner.

The stitch is fairly simple, but lovely to knit and to look at!



The other project that I have been working on recently is my first sock. I had some Patons Kroy that I bought during the winter, and when I saw the Go with the Flow socks from the summer '05 IK I wanted to give it a try. Remember, this was the first time ever that I had picked up DPNs and knitted in a circle. It was very tricky, but also fascinating. I love the engineering and structural architecture of knitting a sock. As I have only ever knitted large items, I appreciated the speed of finishing an item. Although I still haven't started the second sock yet.... I hope that I don't have this problem for the Sockapal2za.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home