Thursday, June 30, 2005

Finished!

I have a finished object to show! I finished seaming and sewing on the buttons just now so I had to get the camera out to record this. My first FO since starting the blog!

Introducing Jasmine, unblocked but done!

Project details:
Pattern: Rowan Junior Jasmine
Yarn: Knitpicks' Shine & Shine Twist in Blush
Needles: US #3, 3.25mm (for ruffle trim also)
Notes: Cast on using cable cast on because I could not work out how much yarn I would need for 360 stitches. To take account of the different yarn used, the number of stitches were reduced by 20%. The decrease shaping for the shoulders and neckline was re-jigged also. The waist-shaping was not used due to the belly of my 5 yr old Boo! Seaming was done following the directions in the excellent book "The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques" by Nancie M Wiseman.

I also took pictures of the amazing invisible seams; can you spot them at all??


Tomorrow I will get Boo to model it.

Off now to sort through that list of new projects and to work out how to add a Done & Dusted gallery to my template

1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hello there! Thanks for dropping by my blog. You are correct, we did do the swap. :) The socks on my blog are not Go with the Flow (where do I find that pattern, btw?), they are Sheri's Lace Socks from Sockbug. The lace pattern doesn't really show well in the Lorna's Laces, but shhh...my pal is getting a second pair of socks as well. :)

Oh, and Jasmine is AWESOME!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home